Musings on Music

Music is such a marvelous thing. It is incredibly amazing how we can hear 3 musical notes, and determine if the mood conveyed is onerous, majestic, whimsical, or pensive. That’s one of the reasons why I love Broadway shows. It combines music, spoken word, dancing and acting all in one huge entertaining package.

It would be fascinating if I had a posse of musicians who would automatically play something apropos based on whatever I say or do. The closest thing in “every day life” in this regard is possibly when Dave Letterman or Jay Leno are doing one of their monologues (which is ultimately staged) or chatting with a guest. But even so, it would add so much more emphasis if appropriate music was playing in the background when I am delivering a poignant speech at a wedding and then perhaps drums would sound when I delivered a humorous punch line.

Eureka! I need my own traveling DJ/band! Any volunteers?

Comments

Popular Posts